This week in a special Earth Day edition of Meet the Team Monday we will introduce you to the Hungerford Green Team. We hope to inspire you to make small changes that add up to big Impact.
Our green team consists of :
Joan Start (HN), Kim Livingston (HT), Krista Koster (HN), Libby Shaw (HF), Samantha Willemstein (HN) and Tom Cripps (HN).
The Green Team was formed in 2013 with the goal of reducing our environmental footprint and to become a leading environmentally conscious and socially- oriented organization.
Since then we have:
- Removed all desk trash cans
- Decreased our trash pick ups by over 50%
- Improved lighting efficiency
- Installed an efficient roof
- Increased roof insulation
- Initiated recycling and composting program
- Expanded Paper Gator recycling program
- Built an outdoor green space
- Created a green product purchasing plan
- Reduced water and energy consumption
- Upcycled an old newspaper stand and turned it into a Free Little Library.
- Continual staff education on sustainability
Making a few small changes can really add up. Check out our short video below for more resources and ideas.