Our Clients Usually Fall into 2 Categories:
1. Want a phone system that rings with voicemail
2. Need integrated messaging with capabilities for video conferencing
|Calling||Calling & Collaboration|
|Approx. $25/ User per Month||Approx. $30/ User per Month|
|Meetings, Events, Instant Messaging,Video Conferencing||✔|
Top 3 Considerations for Business phones
You should not be considering an on-prem solution. There is a reason why people go cloud and it is because it it better.
***Now that we have that out of the way here are the top 3 Considerations for Business phones***
1. Know what Features you need
- Do you just need dial-tone and voicemail?
- Would your organization be ready to take advantage of modern collaboration tools that go beyond the basics like, virtual meetings, team messaging and video conferencing?
2. Understand the impacts of your decision.
- The decisions you make about your phone system will impact everyone in the organization. Consider how these changes will be implemented and effect your organization.
3. How will day to day support and management of the system be handled.
- Consider scalability
- The degree of difficulty to add, move or make changes
- The ease of access
Starting your research?
Don't waste your time with on-premise solutions.
Test your internet connection
This comprehensive test will show you any weak spots in your connection.
Check your current phone contract
There may be a cost penalty for leaving early. You will also need to know what type of notice you will need to give when you terminate your contract.
Are you ready to take advantage of modern collaboration tools that go beyond basic dial tone?
Phone systems have changed a lot over the years and now offer collaboration in the form of Virtual meetings, Team messaging and Video enabled conference rooms. If you think these sorts of tools could benefit your business, it might be time to look into calling and collaboration.