Dropped calls shouldn't be an issue anymore in 2022, but for a lot of businesses, ensuring their calls don’t close before they get a chance to convert a customer is often a race against the clock. Because of this, many are looking towards alternatives to traditional phone lines, such as VoIP (Voice-over Internet Protocol) systems. But are they really all that great?
What Is a VoIP System?
VoIP systems use internet protocols to place and receive phone calls, meaning companies don’t have to rely on traditional landlines anymore. This means that calls are effectively controlled via the IP network, providing much more reliability for connections.
Additionally, the solution is added to existing hardware most businesses with an internet connection already have, which provides an easy way for companies to quickly upgrade their phone calling systems.
This is an especially important feat for companies that heavily rely on calls to offer support or even make transactions over the phone. However, you still might be wondering if switching over to a VoIP system is beneficial for your business in particular. Below, let’s consider some major benefits that these systems can offer a company.
Top 5 Benefits of VoIP Systems
- Reduced Costs - The cost of a VoIP system can be much lower than traditional phone lines, especially when considering the cost of enterprise packages.
- Easy and Quick Implementation - Installing and maintaining a VoIP system is rather simple, and companies can benefit from much better support from the providers. Additionally, scaling is also quite simple;
- Consistent Coverage - Companies that require multiple lines don’t have to worry about mismatches between coverage. Even if in multiple locations, coverage can remain consistent;
- Connect Devices from Multiple Locations - Especially if workers need to access company lines while working from home, VoIP truly shines at providing this level of accessibility, which is not possible through traditional landlines. Instead, companies would have to provide employees with new company phones to allow them to perform daily tasks while working remotely;
- Quality Calls - VoIP system can deliver quality, uninterrupted calls that benefit both the company and the customers. Voices are delivered much more clearly, allowing both parties to be fully engaged in the conversation.
Is VoIP for You?
VoIP systems do offer some compelling benefits, but it’s important to keep in mind that each business is unique, and implementing this type of solution can yield different results from different businesses. It’s important to consider your business goals as well as needs before deciding on which phone system to choose.
VoIP Business Phones by Hungerford Technologies
If you’re interested in finding out more about VoIP systems, specifically whether they can make a good impact on your business, contact us here. Get in touch with us by calling (616) 949-4020 or to find out more about our managed IT solutions to help your company access the right phone system!Get In Touch!